Cisco Nexus 9200 Series Switches
Build a next-generation network
Get a Quote!
Built on the latest Cisco Cloud Scale technology, the Cisco Nexus 9200 platform consists of industry-leading ultra-high-density fixed-configuration data center switches with line-rate Layer 2 and 3 features that support enterprise and commercial applications, service provider hosting, and cloud computing environments. These switches support a wide range of port speeds with flexible combinations of 1/10/25/40/50/100-Gbps connectivity in compact form factors. Using the widely deployed industry-leading Cisco NX-OS Software operating system, the Cisco Nexus 9200 platform is designed for programmable fabric, which offers flexibility, mobility, and scale for service providers and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and cloud providers. It is also designed for the programmable network, which automates configuration and management for customers who want to take advantage of the DevOps operation model and tool sets.
The Cisco Nexus 92348GC-X and the 92160YC-X can collect comprehensive Cisco Tetration Analytics telemetry information at line rate across all ports without adding any latency to the packets or negatively affecting switch performance. This telemetry information is exported every 100 milliseconds (ms) by default directly from the switch’s Application- Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). This information consists of three types of data:
- Flow information: This information contains information about endpoints, protocols, ports, when the flow started, how long the flow was active, etc.
- Interpacket variation: This information captures any interpacket variations within the flow. Examples include variation in Time To Live (TTL), IP and TCP flags, payload length, etc.
- Context details: Context information is derived outside the packet header, including variation in buffer utilization, packet drops within a flow, association with tunnel endpoints, etc.
The Cisco Tetration Analytics platform consumes this telemetry data, and by using unsupervised machine learning and behavior analysis it can provide outstanding pervasive visibility across everything in your data center in real time. By using algorithmic approaches, the Cisco Tetration Analytics platform provides deep insights into applications and interactions, enabling dramatically simplified operations, a zero-trust model, and migration of applications to any programmable infrastructure.
The Cisco Nexus 9200 platform provides the following features and benefits:
- High performance and scalability
- The platform provides wire-rate Layer 2 and 3 switching on all ports, with up to 7.2 Tbps and up to 5.35 bpps of bandwidth.
- With up to 40 MB of shared buffer, the platform is an excellent choice for scalable data centers and big data applications. The ability to fine tune buffer allocation for non-drop queues makes the Nexus 9200 an ideal platform for IP storage designs.
- Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN)
- The platform (except Cisco Nexus 92348GC-X) offers native line-rate VXLAN routing.
- The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) control plane provides scalable multitenancy and host mobility (refer to VXLAN Network with MP-BGP EVPN Control Plane for more information).
- Hardware and software high availability
- The 64-way Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP) routing enables the use of Layer 3 fat-tree designs. This feature helps organizations prevent network bottlenecks, increase resiliency, and add capacity with little network disruption.
- Patching ensures undisruptive upgrade in most cases.
- The switches use hot-swappable Power-Supply Units (PSUs) and fans with N+1 redundancy.
- Purpose-built NX-OS operating system with comprehensive, proven innovations
- Open programmability supports built-in DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- Cisco NX-API supports a common programmatic approach across Cisco Nexus switches.
- Power-on autoprovisioning (POAP) enables touchless bootup and configuration of the switch, drastically reducing provisioning time.
- The onboard Python scripting engine enables automation and remote operations in the data center.
- Advanced buffer monitoring reports real-time buffer utilization per port and per queue, which allows organizations to monitor traffic bursts and application traffic patterns.
- Complete Layer 3 unicast and multicast routing protocol suites are supported, including BGP, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2), Protocol Independent Multicast Sparse Mode (PIM-SM), Source-Specific Multicast (SSM), and Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP).
- Segment routing allows the network to forward Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) packets and perform traffic engineering without Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Traffic Engineering (TE). It provides a control-plane alternative for increased network scalability and virtualization.
Download the Cisco Nexus 9200 Series Switches Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!