Cisco Catalyst C6840-X Series Switch
Deploy Unified Access with a Modular Access Switch
Rich Services with Fixed 2-Rack-Unit Backbone Switch
Get up to 40 ports of multi-rate speeds with additional flexibility to support a wide range of optics and interfaces. 6840-X switches are the newest addition to the Catalyst 6800 family, with the same rich feature set. These switches address high-bandwidth requirements in campus networks with high-density 10-Gigabit ports along with 40-Gigabit native uplinks.
Sorry, this product is no longer available.
Switch to something new: Catalyst 9500 Series switches
Boost speed and performance with our newest, most secure switches! The Catalyst 9500 Series includes our highest density fixed-core enterprise network switches.
Catalyst 9500 Series Switches
Features and Capabilities
Our fixed backbone switches, which are two rack units high, are ideal for customers with tight space constraints in their networks. With the option of 16, 24, 32 and 40 ports, these switches provide maximum flexibility for deployment options.
6840-X switches offer:
- Network segmentation with MPLS, Advanced Virtual Private LAN Service, Locator/ID Separation Protocol, and Easy Virtual Network
- Flexible NetFlow for easy network resource monitoring and analytics
- Uncompromised network security with Cisco TrustSec, Security Group Tag, and Security Group Access Control List
- IT simplicity with Cisco Catalyst Instant Access to manage access switch ports in a centralized configuration
Specifications at a Glance
The 6840-X exists in the following four SKUs:
- 16 and 32 ports of 10-Gigabit small form factor pluggable and pluggable plus (SFP and SFP+)
- 24 and 40 ports of 10-Gigabit SFP and SFP+ with two 40-Gigabit native uplink ports