Cisco Aironet 600 Series OfficeExtend Access Point
An All-in-One Security Solution to Secure Your Small Business
Our Price: $289.00
Our Price: $2,889.00
Powerful 802.11n Dual-Radio Performance
The Cisco Aironet 600 Series OfficeExtend Access Point provides secure enterprise wireless coverage to the home. This dual-band, 802.11n access point extends the corporate network to the home teleworker and mobile contractors. The access point connects to the home’s broadband Internet access and establishes a secure tunnel to the corporate network so that remote employees can access data, voice, video, and cloud services for a mobility experience consistent with that at the corporate office. The dual-band, simultaneous support for 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio frequencies assures that corporate devices are not impacted by congestion caused by common household devices that use the 2.4 GHz band. The Cisco Aironet 600 Series OfficeExtend Access Point is purposely designed for the teleworker by supporting both secure corporate data access and maintaining connectivity for personal home devices with segmented home-traffic support.
How It Works
The same services that are available on the wireless network at the corporate office are securely accessed through the Cisco Aironet 600 Series from a remote location. Data, voice, and video as well as applications such as Cisco Unified MeetingPlace® conferencing, Cisco WebEx® technology, and dual-mode phones are all supported by the Cisco Aironet 600 Series.
For the initial setup at a home office, the remote worker plugs the access point into their home router connected to or integrated with their broadband modem. The Cisco Aironet 600 Series access point is provisioned in advance and will automatically set up a secure tunnel to the corporate headquarters with a Cisco Wireless Controller. A preregistered corporate IP phone can also automatically connect with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager to access the corporate phone number, voicemail, and user settings.
How the Remote Workforce Benefits
The Cisco Aironet 600 Series improves workforce productivity, business resiliency, and work schedule flexibility while reducing travel costs and carbon emissions. It is targeted toward commercial, enterprise, and service provider networks across all industries. The Cisco Aironet 600 Series is appropriate for employees who need reliable and consistent access to networked business services at home or at work, as well as telecommuters who require the same wireless connectivity as at the corporate site. Voice costs are reduced since users can use Wi-Fi instead of cellular coverage for voice calls.
The Cisco Aironet 1600 Series is a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, which can scale to up to 18,000 access points with full Layer 3 mobility across central or remote locations on the enterprise campus, in branch offices, and at remote sites. The Cisco Unified Wireless Network is the industry’s most flexible, resilient, and scalable architecture delivering secure access to mobility services and applications, and offering the lowest total cost of ownership and investment protection by integrating seamlessly with the existing wired network.
Performance with Investment Protection
- Dual-band, 802.11n access point avoids congestion from cordless phones, baby monitors, wireless game consoles, and microwave ovens
- Six times faster than 802.11a/g networks
- Backward-compatible with 802.11a/b/g clients
Remote Connectivity to Corporate Resources
- Supports up to three corporate service set identifiers (SSIDs) and 15 wireless clients
- Four Ethernet ports: Up to 2 for corporate access and remaining for personal use
- Supports voice-over-Wi-Fi with dual-mode phones, soft phones, or Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phones
- Sleek design ideal for desktop placement
- Intel Connect with Centrino Certified
- Allows spouses, partners, and children to access Internet without introducing additional security risks to corporate policy
Simplified Network Management
- Minimal set up and maintenance requirements (zero-touch deployment)
- Controller-based deployment options
- Similar management to that of the corporate WLAN using the same infrastructure and devices
- Supports secure corporate wireless connectivity to employee homes
- Extends Borderless Network services and policies to the home-office teleworker.
- Protects the corporate environment with industry-standard control and wireless access point (CAPWAP) support.
- Simultaneously supports corporate and personal network activity with traffic segmentation.
- Increases productivity and reduces cellular cost by extending voice to the home wirelessly or via a wired Ethernet port.
- Reduces setup time with simplified IT provisioning.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty that includes 10-day advance hardware replacement.
|Simplified Operations and
|End-to-end Voice Services||
Enables best practices for green initiatives by reducing commuting hours and emissions.
|Software||Cisco Unified Wireless Network Software Release 7.0 MR1 or later|
|Cisco 2500, 5500, 7500 Series Wireless Controllers and Cisco Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2)|
Status LED indicates boot loader status, association status, operating status, boot loader errors, port status. [USB (Future use)]
(W x L x H)
|Power Options||Cisco AP600 Local Power Supply: 100 to 240 VAC; 50 to 60 Hz (AIR-PWR-ADTR-cc, where cc is country code as follows: AP=Asia Pacific; AR=Argentina/Uruguay; AU=Australia; BR=Brazil; CE=Central Europe; CH=China; DM=Denmark; IS=Israel; IT=Italy; JP=Japan; NA=North America; SA=South Africa; SW=Switzerland; UK=United Kingdom)|
|Power Draw||Consumption: 12W normal, 15W maximum|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty|
Download the Cisco Aironet 600 Series Acces Point Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $289.00
Our Price: $2,889.00